ARE YOU SEEKING CALMNESS, PEACE OF MIND, JOY, VIBRANT HEALTH, GREATER ENERGY, POSITIVE RELATIONSHIPS AND FULFILLMENT IN LIFE?
You can enjoy all these benefits and much more, with a regular meditation practice. Meditation offers innumerable benefits for your body, mind and spirit. To experience the benefits of meditation, regular practice is necessary. Once imbibed into the daily routine, meditation becomes the best part of your day! Meditation is like a seed. When you cultivate a seed with love and peace, the more it blossoms.
Meditation has been practiced for thousands of years. Meditation originally was meant to help deepen understanding of the sacred and mystical forces of life. These days, meditation is commonly used for relaxation and stress reduction. Meditation is considered a type of mind-body complementary medicine. Meditation produces a deep state of relaxation and a tranquil mind.
Meditation can give you a sense of calm, peace and balance that benefits both your emotional well-being and your overall health. And these benefits don’t end when your meditation session ends. Meditation can help carry you more calmly through your day and may improve certain medical conditions. Check out my previous article on meditation.
Physical Benefits of Meditation
With meditation, the physiology undergoes a change and every cell in the body is filled with more prana (life force energy). This results in joy, peace, enthusiasm as the level of prana in the body increases.
On a physical level, meditation:
• Lowers high blood pressure
• Lowers the levels of blood lactate, reducing anxiety attacks
• Decreases any tension-related pain, such as, tension headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle and joint problems
• Increases serotonin production that improves mood and behaviour
• Improves the immune system
• Increases the energy level
• Slows the aging process! I personally LOVE this one.
Mental Benefits of Meditation
Meditation brings the brainwave pattern into an Alpha state that promotes healing. The mind becomes fresh, delicate and beautiful. With regular practice of meditation:
• Relaxation increases
• Anxiety decreases
• Creativity increases
• Supports intuition
• Gain clarity and peace of mind
• Handle life’s stressors with greater ease
• Sharpens the mind by gaining focus and expands through relaxation
• Support Brain Health- greater memory, concentration, emotional regulation, positive emotions, self control and better introspection and attention.
• Create greater awareness – that your inner attitude determines your happiness.
How does it get any better than this!