At our monthly Flagship event, BalAnce Well-Being Storytelling Tuesday (STT), we bring the local Okanagan community together to hear inspirational stories from other amazing LOCALS.
STT is an evening of human connection where 5 Storytellers each share a personal journey story that has truly impacted them (maximum 15 minutes each).
"I have been moved by the quality of what Storytelling Tuesday offers, not only for the individual storyteller sharing their story, but also for what is shared for the community.Our stories point to something larger than just the telling of the story itself. There is something happening below the surface that connects people, opens one up to something larger within oneself. The story is like the fairy tale, or a movie, which takes us to a deeper place within our psyche, a place of imagining, creating, forgiving, engaging, fearing, loving, or dreaming. We are very logical in our North American society, and the story can be that pointer, an opening to more wonder, to being vulnerable, and to what I heard once as “releasing our imprisoned splendour.”” Eileen Murray
"Shawna’s dedication to supporting others to have the courage to be vulnerable and share their story on ‘Story Telling Tuesdays’ is a testament to how much she believes that living life from our hearts is the only real way to be. I have listened to several of these story evenings, and I have been moved, not only from the inspirational stories, but also by the bravery brought forth by the presenters. I believe that the reason each story teller has the courage to stand in front of strangers and speak their truth, is because Shawna instills genuine trust and confidence in them.” Diana Reyers
- Who can be a storyteller? Anyone from the local community can be a storyteller. We prefer that you have attended at least once so you can see the flow and rhythm of the evening.
- What kind of story can I share? The only qualifier is it has to be a personal story. This isn't the place to promote your business, there are many other events around for that. Try not to cover too big or long of a story - 15 minutes goes by quick. We have had storytellers break out into song, give us chills, have us holding our sides in laughter, smile in joy or have us reaching for a Kleenex, the only qualifier is it has to be a personal story. You can check out our youtube channel to see previous STT events BWB Youtube Channel
- What if I want to run my story idea by someone? In that month's group chat you will be introduced to the person that you can connect with to discuss your story.
- Do I have to purchase a ticket for the evening?
Storytellers/Musician/Artist get a complimentary ticket for the evening.Your guests are able to purchase tickets for $10 in advance (via BWB Website) or $15 at the door.
- How much time to I have to speak? Storytellers get a maximum of 15 minutes.
- What do I need to do be a storyteller? Please let one of the organizers or hosts know you are interested.
- What is required for promotion of the event? We need a photo, a story title and a short bio for promotion.
- When does the promotion of the Event start? We start active promotion 3 weeks in advance.
- How is the order of the storytellers determined? At the event you will be asked by the STT hosts if you have any preferences and then they will determine the order for the evening.
- What time do I have to be there at? The event starts at 5 and the storytellers start at 6 - so anywhere in that time that works. People do start showing up as early as 4:15 to make sure they get a good table, but most people start rolling in just after 5.
- Can I use technology to share my story? We want the story to be a personal connection between you and the audience so technology isn't available to display. By all means if you want to use technology or notes to read your story from that is no problem.
- What does the time line look like?
5:00-6:00 Social Time
6:00-6:50 First 3 Storytellers Share
7:00-8:00 Final Storytellers Share
8:00 Group picture of Storytellers and Host(s)
- How do I become a storyteller? Send an email of interest to Shawna@BalanceWell-Being.com